TRAVEL & ENTERTAINMENT CORPORATE CARD US BANK VISA CARD - USERS GUIDE (Revised November 2009)
All active employees (staff, academic, student) eligible to travel on University business are eligible to apply for a U.S. Bank Travel & Entertainment Corporate Visa Card. The Department head need to verify that the employee will take one or more trips annually on University business before authorizing the employee to get the card. Separated employees are not eligible. Upon separation, an employee's card will be cancelled automatically within thirty days by the Accounting office. Please cut the card into small pieces and discard it.
Applicant understands that this card is to be used for business charges only and that applicant is totally responsible and liable for all expenses charged to the card. Incidental personal use is allowed when it is not practical to carry another personal credit card on the same trip (subject to non-T&E limit). Applicant understands and acknowledges that payment is due to U.S. Bank upon receipt of the statement. Applicant further understands that if he/she fails to pay U.S. Bank for all undisputed charges, his/her card will be permanently canceled.
II. Member Benefits
No Credit Checks - U.S. Bank does not perform any pre-issuance credit checks on cardholders. U.S. Bank may obtain credit information concerning applicant for the sole purpose of issuance, renewal and/or replacement of the card. The applicant agrees to be bound by the U.S. Bank Corporate Cardholder Agreement accompanying the card, as amended by U.S. Bank from time to time, for all charges incurred by the use of the card or the related account. Creditor is U.S. Bank National Association ND.
U.S. Bank does not report individual card account activity to credit bureaus. Therefore, a past due account status has no effect on an individual’s credit rating. However, at 180 days (6 months) past due, all reasonable efforts at collection will be exhausted and U.S. Bank will write off the bad debt. At this point, the matter is one of public record and, as such, will be picked up by the various credit bureaus (e.g. Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) and will appear on the individual’s personal credit report. UCR will still make every effort to recover the bad debt from the cardholder because the bad debt is automatically charged to the University..
Delinquencies for the U.S. Bank Corporate Card are handled as follows:
- 0 - 30 days: The 1st billing statement is sent to UCR cardholder on the 25th of the month. Payment should be received prior to the 2nd cycle date (e.g., statement date).
- 31 - 60 days: (2nd billing statement) A 30 days past due notice is printed on the employee statement. UCR will send reminder e-mail notice to the cardholder. At 41 days past due a computer generated notice is sent to the cardholder advising that their charging privileges could be suspended. At 51 days past due a second computer generated notice is sent to the cardholder advising that their charging privileges will be suspended at the next billing cycle (3rd statement).
- 61 - 90 days: (3rd billing statement) A 2.5% delinquency fee is assessed on the unpaid past due balance. The account is suspended on the 61st day for further charging privileges. Normally, the account is reinstated if payment is received for the past due amount. UCR will send reminder e-mail notice to the cardholder. (4th billing statement). Attempts will be made to contact the cardholder.
- 91+ days: (4th, 5th, and 6th billing statements) A 2.5% delinquency fee is assessed on the unpaid past due balance at 90 days (4th billing statement). UCR will send reminder e-mail notice to the cardholder. The account is canceled at 91 days. An in-house attorney letter and collection calls follow during the period 91-150 days. At the 151st day past due the account is charged-off and turned over for collection by an outside agency.
- Travel and Entertainment = $15,000
- Cash Advance = $600 (2.5% transaction fee with a $2.00 minimum fee).
- Note: As long as the individual account is less than 60 days past due, the cardholder will always be approved and provided authorization for travel purchases (airfare, hotel, rental car, gasoline, meals, etc.) on an unlimited basis.
The timeline of an average dispute is as follows:
- Day 1-5: Cardholder identifies questionable item on statement. Cardholder notifies U.S. Bank by phone, fax, or mail(if by phone, authorization letter is mailed for cardholder signature). Within 2-3 days a file is completed for each dispute. Within 5 business days, the file is assigned to a researcher.
- Day 6-15: Researcher reviews the dispute request to identify Visa regulation governing the transaction. If required, researcher orders photo.
- Day 16-30: Researcher receives cardholder authorization. Researcher reviews file and determines if item is valid or invalid cardholder charge. If a charge is found to be invalid, the researcher credits the cardholder account, charges the item back to the merchant bank, and sends a letter to the cardholder notifying them of the dispute resolution. If the charge is determined to be valid, the research removes the item from dispute and sends a letter to the cardholder notifying them of their responsibility to pay the charge.
III. Cash Disbursement
- Acceptance by Merchant, ATM and Member Offices
The matrix below shows the number of worldwide acceptance locations, merchant locations, ATM locations, and member offices for U.S. Bank Commercial Cards.
Merchant Locations ATMs Member Offices Total Acceptance Locations United States 4,688,209 309,695 86,656 5,084,560 Canada 601,553 20,821 7,922 630,296 European Union 4,739,031 252,640 158,561 5,150,232 Asia Pacific 10,940,695 62,460 60,306 11,063,461 Latin America 1,422,694 48,719 63,307 1,534,720 Central Europe, Middle East, Africa 539,238 36,490 32,019 607,747 TOTAL 22,931,420 730,825 408,771 24,071,016
- Cash Advance Access
The U.S. Bank cash advance program is funded by U.S. Bank and features the world’s largest cash access network. The cash advance fee offered to UCR is 2.5% with a $2 minimum on ATM advances. These additional means of obtaining cash and services are also available, if required:
- Travelers Checks: Travelers checks may be purchased using the U.S. Bank Corporate Card at most of the more than 408,000 Visa member banks worldwide.
- Personal Checks: Personal checks of up to $250 may be cashed at 1) hotels where the Visa card has been used for registration, or 2) at Visa member banks.
- Auto Rental Insurance (full value)
Worldwide full value primary Auto Rental Insurance covers collision, theft, vandalism, appraisal fees, and loss of use when the rental is paid with the U.S. Bank Corporate Card. There is no additional charge for this coverage. You can eliminate internal self-insurance or auto agency insurance expenses by using the U.S. Bank Corporate Card.
- Travel Accident Insurance
Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance is primary coverage, protecting against losses caused by a) a common carrier accident, or b) an accident incurred on the way to or from the terminal in a common carrier (i.e. taxi, bus, or airport limousine), provided the air ticket was charged on the U.S. Bank Corporate Card prior to departure for the terminal. This insurance is provided to cardholders automatically when their entire travel fare(s) is charged to their corporate account. The insurance applies to the cardholder, his/her spouse, and his/her children while traveling worldwide for business purposes. Common carrier tickets purchased for fellow employees and tickets acquired with redeemed frequent flyer points or coupons are also covered.
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Coverage and Assistance
UCR’s cardholders are eligible for up to $1,250 of secondary baggage coverage when the common carrier ticket is purchased with the U.S. Bank Corporate Card. Reimbursement is made only if the common carrier makes a monetary reimbursement and not for other considerations. The U.S. Bank cardholder may receive immediate shipment of replacement items, a cash advance required as a result of the loss of luggage, and claims assistance when luggage is lost while traveling and the carrier is unable to locate it. Note, this is not lost luggage insurance.
V. Travel and Emergency Assistance
- Emergency Assistance
- Medical and Emergency Transport
- Prescription Assistance
- Medical Advance
- Bail Bond and Cash Advance Assistance
- Emergency Ticket Replacement
- Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Urgent Message Service
- Roadside Emergency Assistance
- U.S. Bank cardholders around the world have access to emergency assistance by calling the Visa Assistance Center (VAC) toll-free. For the nearest US location, please call 1-800-THE-PLUS or 1-800-VISA-911. When traveling internationally, please call the Visa Assistance Center collect at 410-581-9994. Most of these services are available at no extra fee. Some services, such as Roadside Emergency Assistance, provide the service (such as towing) at a nominal fee, which cardholders can charge on the card. Emergency services include:
- Pre-trip Assistance
Receive comprehensive travel information, including health precautions, weather reports, currency exchange rates, and required visas and immunizations. Cardholders with special needs can make special arrangements for medical equipment and supplies and receive assistance locating medical facilities prior to the trip.
- Translation Service
Take advantage of immediate, 24-hour translation services in Spanish, French, and Japanese, and reach translators for 20 other languages within a short period of time. If more than telephone translation is required, the VAC assists in locating local interpreters.
- Guaranteed Hotel/Motel Reservation Service
Make guaranteed hotel reservations at participating hotels. Rooms are held until check-out time on the day following the scheduled arrival. If the hotel has no room available, they will provide a comparable room at another hotel plus transportation and other related services at no additional cost.
- 24-Hour Locator Service
Cardholder’s can get information regarding the location of Visa member banks, airports, and Visa ATMs. For the nearest US location, please call 1-800-THE-PLUS or 1-800-VISA-911. When traveling internationally, please call the Visa Assistance Center collect at 410-581-9994.