UC Car Rental Agreements
The University of California has a system-wide car rental program with Enterprise, Hertz, National, Dollar and Thrifty. It offers UC business travelers the best value, most economical pricing, and includes insurance coverage through the rental car company. Access to these agreements is quick and easy when booking through Connexxus, UC’s travel booking tool. Rental rates displayed within Connexxuspreferred car rental companies include the UC rate and insurance coverage for most domestic travel. The agreements are intended for use by UCR employees traveling on University business.
- Login to Connexxus
- Reserve a car by performing a search under a BCD, UC Travel Center or SWABIZ. The UC-negotiated rates automatically display. The rates include insurance coverage.
- There is no fee for booking a car rental online (Note: fees may apply if agent intervention is required.)
- Contact a Connexxus Travel Agent
- SWABIZ: (800) 435-9792
- UC Travel Center: (800) 235-8252
- BCD Travel: (877) 885-8632
- Service fees may apply.
Rental Car Insurance
In the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii), Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Liability Damage Waiver (LDW)/Liability insurance are provided.
Please decline additional insurance coverage if offered by the car rental agent. Car rental companies have been instructed to put internal controls in place to be sure optional coverage is not offered to any UC faculty or staff renting a car for University Business.
Reimbursement for rental car insurance is only available under special circumstances because coverage is included in the UC agreements.
Outside the U.S., CDW and Theft protection are generally included for most European countries. Please contact the UCR Procurement Services for details on the UC agreements.
Note: Insurance should be purchased if the location or country is not covered in the UC agreement. Please ensure the travel expense voucher reflects this information to avoid delays in the reimbursement process
Reservations made and paid with US Bank Travel and Entertainment Corporate Card, Provides coverage with a worldwide, full value primary Auto Rental Insurance for collision, theft, vandalism, appraisal fees, and loss of use when the rental is paid with the U.S. Bank Corporate Card. There is no additional charge for this coverage.
What to Do in the Event of an Accident
In the event of an accident while using a rental car:
- Contact the local police department where the accident happened
- Notify the rental car agency where you rented the vehicle
- Provide other involved parties with information from the rental car agreement
- Report the incident to Risk Management, at extension 2-8224, as soon as possible.